Ram Navmi at Maa Vaishno Shakti Dham:
Ram Navmi is the birthday of Lord Rama because he is the celebrated hero of the famous epic, ‘Ramayana’. The festival of Ram Navmi is enthusiastically celebrated on the ninth day of the waxing moon in the month of Chaitra, at Maa Vaishno Shakti Dham Mandir, Surat.
People sing devotional songs in praise of Rama and rock, images of him in a cradle to celebrate his birth. Some observe a strict fast on this day. All these activities on Ram Navmi are carried out at Maa Vaishno Shakti Dham Mandir, Surat.
Significance of Ram Navmi:
- Rama is an incarnation of Lord Vishnu. So, Lord Vishnu is worshipped in his human incarnation as Rama, the divine ruler of Ayodhya.
- Celebrations begin with the remembrance of Lord Rama and a prayer to the Sun early in the morning. At midday, when Lord Rama is supposed to have been born, a special prayer is performed.
- Ram Navmi is a spring Hindu festival along with the celebration of the birthday of Ramchandra also is known as Lord Rama is the seventh avatar of Lord Vishnu.
- This day is the last day of Chaitra Navaratri he was born to the king of Ayodhya Dasharatha who was then the ruler of the kingdom known as Kosala and queen Kausalya.
- On this particular day devotee of Sri Ram perform pujas and keep fast. The day is marked by Rama Katha recitals or reading of Rama stories including the Hindu sacred epic Ramayana.
- Some visit the temple on this day whereas some pray at home and others participate in kirtans and bhajans it is said that praying to Lord Rama gives you peace and harmony in life.